FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
SYNTHETIC APERTURE ANNOUNCES COLOR FINESSE 3.0
Enhancements Include 64-bit Adobe CS5 and Apple FxPlug Support
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA — April 7, 2010 — Today Synthetic Aperture announced Color Finesse® 3.0, a new version of their color correction plug-in for Adobe® After Effects® and Apple Final Cut Pro®.
Enhanced Application Support
Version 3.0 adds a 64-bit plug-in to support Adobe's CS5 64-bit applications, in addition to the 32-bit version. The move to 64-bit addressing significantly reduces the possibility of out-of-memory errors occurring during effects rendering. Tests with real-world projects which could not be rendered in 32-bit mode work flawlessly and speedily with the 64-bit plug-in and applications.
Color Finesse 3.0 also adds a native FxPlug-style plug-in to support Apple Final Cut Pro. By virtue of being an FxPlug, performance is enhanced and pixel format conversions are reduced.
New Features for Color Finesse 3.0
Color Finesse 3.0 adds the following new features:
- New Auto-Color and Auto-Exposure buttons give one-click access to your color correction starting point.
- A new Vibrance control gives more refined control over image saturation. The Vibrance control is similar to that found in Adobe Lightroom.
- New HSL curves let you control image saturation and lightness based on color hue.
- A new Highlight Recovery tool provides a visually-pleasing way to recover overbright areas of the image which would normally be clipped.
- Color Finesse can now export its color correction settings as a 3D LUT in a variety of formats, including Autodesk Lustre and Smoke, Academy LUT, Assimilate Scratch, Pogle, Truelight, Cine-tal, and LUTher.
- The Color Finesse preview displays now automatically adjust to footage pixel aspect ratio, giving you a correctly formatted preview when working with anamorphic footage.
- The Vectorscope has been enhanced with a zoom capability, making it easier to see detail when white and black balancing.
- Color Finesse now supports the Tangent Wave control surface, in addition to the company's own Colorociter surface.
Color Finesse 3.0 is compatible with both Intel- and PowerPC-based Macintosh systems, running Mac OS X 10.5 and later. For Windows users, Color Finesse 3.0 is compatible with Windows XP, Vista 32/64, and Windows 7 32/64.
Color Finesse 3.0 supports Adobe After Effects CS3 through CS5, and Final Cut Pro 6 and 7.
Pricing and Availability
Color Finesse 3.0 will begin shipping during Q2 2010. The PI plug-in (for After Effects, Final Cut Pro, and other compatible applications) is priced at $575. The LE plug-in (for After Effects only) is priced at $575. Upgrade pricing is to be announced.
Users purchasing Color Finesse 2.1 between April 7, 2010 and when Color Finesse 3.0 begins shipping will qualify for a free upgrade to Color Finesse 3.0.
About Synthetic Aperture
Founded in 1995, Synthetic Aperture is a provider of practical tools for digital video, specializing in color correction and measurement. Synthetic Aperture publishes the Color Finesse advanced color corrector as a stand-alone application and as a plug-in for Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro and Apple Final Cut Pro; Echo Fire video previewing software for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop; the Test Gear test instrument plug-in for After Effects; and the popular free utility Test Pattern Maker. More information may be found on the company's web site, www.synthetic-ap.com.
Note to editors: Color Finesse is a registered trademark and Test Gear, Colorociter, QuickGrade, Echo Fire, LiveFire, Video Finesse, Synthetic Aperture, Test Pattern Maker, and Boss Backgrounds, Tasty Textures, Cool Clips are trademarks of Synthetic Aperture.
Adobe and Adobe After Effects are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Apple, Final Cut Pro, and QuickTime are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc.
All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks of their respective holders.
Product images suitable for reproduction are available on the company’s web site in the Press section.